Monday, September 8, 2008

My Little Kelton


Kelton is getting so big and it would seem the older he gets, the bigger mess he makes. He speaks so well and is so funny. Ever since the Olympics he enjoys lining pillows up and racing from one end of the room to the other while jumping "hurdles". The other day he said "dad, I am so fast because I have fire in my diaper"! We've been trying to potty train him and have even resorted to bribing him with stickers. Last week he pooped in his diaper & I caught him dumping the poop in the potty. When I asked what he was doing he said, "I get a sticker now, Mama". He loves to sing and entertain everyone and revels being the center of attention. Last week Mothers Day Out started back up. When I dropped him off he hid behind my legs and I feared he was about to have a bad case of separation anxiety. However, he jumped into the room and shouted "taa daa, here I am!" I have really tried to soak in the last few days I have with just Kelton and part of me is almost sad that I will no longer be able to hang out with just him. Don't get me wrong, we are thrilled to have another little one, I just hope I will be a good enough mother to take care of a newborn and make sure that Kelton doesn't feel left out or threatened by the baby. My mom & sister said they felt the same way right before they had their other kids so I guess this is pretty normal! It's just crazy to think I could ever love another child as much as I love Kelton. He has been my best bud the past 3 years and we've had a blast. He is so much fun & I cannot believe that in 24 hours I am going to have another precious baby!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: