Friday, August 24, 2007

Summer Highlights

I cannot believe summer is almost over. We have been so busy the last couple of months. We went out to Malibu for Taryn's college graduation in late April/early May. We then went to Washington D.C. for a week with Mom, Dad & Aubin in June. Kelton stayed behind and spent the week with Net-Net, which was wonderful because we didn't have to worry about him, but also difficult for me because I've never been away from him for a week. I just knew he would forget who I was and start thinking of Annette as his new Mama! Three of my best friends in the world became mama's (Andi had twins in late May, Lauren had a boy the following day & Melissa just became a mama to sweet little Brodie last week)! Kelton turned 2 years old on August 2nd and I'm still in denial about that. He is an angel & a holy terror all at the same time. The child began climbing out of his crib around 16 months. We put him to bed in Wranglers for a couple of months b/c they were so tight he couldn't hike his leg over the bed (thanks for the idea, Elizabeth)! He then figured out how to take them off and I promptly ordered a tent for his bed. Without sounding too cheesey, being that kid's mom is without a doubt the biggest challenge of my life & the greatest thing I've ever done in my life. Here are some highlights of our summer!

No comments: