Monday, October 8, 2007

My little Evil Knevil


Well, I've been busy trying to keep Kelton out of the Emergency Room here lately. He mistakenly thinks that he has the coordination of a professional athlete and the daring bravery of Evil Knievel. This kid is not afraid of anything (except squeaker shoes) and he is in fact a little too daring for my comfort. As a result, he keeps standing on any surface that he can climb and jumping out into the great unknown. It's really more of a dive rather than a jump because he has landed on his face about 7 times in the last week, as evidenced in the pictures of him. He has face planted off of the couch, off of our bed and as of today, off of a bench in a Target dressing room. I had just taken my clothes off so I could try something on, when I heard him say "one...free...JUMP". Well his feet got tangled in the diaper bag, so they never made it to the ground to break his fall, but his face did. He landed directly on his nose, which then began to bleed profusely. So I'm standing there in my unmentionables trying to assess the situation and decide if a trip to the hospital would be necessary. I used his blanket to try & stop the bleeding. Once I was finally able to get my skirt on & my shirt half way on, I ran out to ask for some Kleenex. I'm sure the dressing room attendant saw more of me than she cared to, but you mothers understand . . . when your baby is bleeding everywhere & crying hysterically, all modesty goes out the window and not much else matters. It eventually stopped bleeding and we left Target. We were covered with blood from head to toe. I got home & looked in the mirror & realized what everyone had been staring at. I had blood smeared all over my neck and chin. I even managed to get some in my hair & poor Kelton looked like he had been playing with red paint in a spin art machine. Well, we're okay, thank goodness. God is so clever. I think he must have had Kelton in mind when he decided that kids' bones should not fully harden until the first couple years of life are out of the way. Otherwise we'd probably be on broken nose #10 by now! Here are a few pictures of the last couple of weeks. Kelton is trying to catch a raindrop in the first picture. Susannah turned 2 & Justin had his 6th birthday party as well, so we had a busy weekend! Special K was tuckered out by Sunday! In the last picture, he is sound asleep with his face pressed against the bars of his baby bed!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

lauren said...

Poor Kelton! James got another busted lip tonight from running full speed into the bedpost. I'm sure our boys will have many, many more in the years to come!

Nicki W. said...

looks like we got our hands full with these boys! he is so so so cute though!