Saturday, May 17, 2008

Miss Lyla


Well, we finally decided to get a dog. We thought Lyla was a nice southern & motherly sounding name. (Though honestly, we mainly named her Lyla b/c James loves Lyla Garrity off of Friday Night Lights)! She's a Great Pyrenees, which are the kind of dogs I grew up with. They are so good with kids & they are not hyper. Plus, they are fiercely protective of their family. According to vets, they are very intuitive & can sense whether or not someone has good intentions. Sounds goofy, but I believe it. Like I said, I grew up with this breed of dog & they are friendly to pretty much anyone. However, a worker showed up at my parents' house one day & instead of sniffing & greeting them as they normally would, Bear & Oso (my parents' dogs) immediately jumped up, got in between my mom & the worker and began growling. My mom tried to settle them down, but they would not let the worker in the house. When Bear began to show his teeth, the worker decided to leave. Anyway, my dad later found out that particular worker had a pretty shady past. By the way, Bear weighed 120 pounds & Oso was a whopping 160 pounds. Hopefully, Lyla will only weigh around 100 pounds. I highly recommend this breed of dog to anyone who wants a kid friendly & protective dog. My folks got another one right after Kelton was born & that dog let Kelton climb all over it & pull at his tail & ears all day long!
Kelton & Lyla are already best buds. She follows him all over the house & plays with him. First thing when he wakes up Kelton says "where's 'Yila'"? Anyway, enough about my dog!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

lauren said...

You're making me want to get one! She's soooo cute!

Thora said...

Dogs are special friends

Unknown said...

She's a cutie

Kelly said...

Hey! I added your blog to my links, hope you dont mind! Can't wait for the ranch! Hope all is going well!

Hilary said...

Is Lyla coming to the Ranch? I can't wait to meet her!

Carolyn said...

Amber, I just found your blog! It is so great to see pictures of your family and read what you guys have been up to. Lyla is precious.

Honeyed Hashette said...

Hey Amber!

I saw your blog on Kelly's and thought I would say hi!
Congrats on your new baby to be.

Janna

Welch Party of 4! said...

Hey girl, so glad i found you on here!! Your little boy is adorable and congrats on the one on the way! Hope you guys are doing good!!