Friday, November 2, 2007

Big Daddy's Halloween Birthday


My dad's birthday is on Halloween, so my mama has always made October 31st extra special. She has always jumped at the chance to dress up & this year she decided to be an officer in the navy (though I'm not sure why she decided to draw a large, fake mole on her cheek). Since we had Trunk or Treat at church we decided to postpone my dad's birthday dinner until Saturday night. After Trunk or Treat, we headed over to my cousin's house to have some cupcakes and let the kids get even more hyped up on sugar! I have got the greatest dad ever and as far as I'm concerned that's a fact, not a biased opinion! He's always been so loving, giving, patient and wise. He's eager to help any way he can, even if it means spending all weekend at my house helping James put a swing set together for Kelton. When I was growing up he used to say, "your mama and I are your biggest fans" and I always knew he meant it. He's the first man I ever loved and I couldn't wait for him to get home from work everyday so I could help him take off his cowboy boots and we could hang out! Growing up, he would take all of his daughters' on "date nights" & let us decide where to eat, etc. He still takes us on date nights & I so enjoy getting to have my dad all to myself for a couple of hours! One of my favorite things about my dad is the way he loves my mother. I love to watch him while he's watching her. He is endlessly amused by her (honestly, we all are - she's pretty entertaining) and you can tell she is his world. I hope James is still that smitten with me after 38 years of marriage! Another thing I love about my dad is the way he is with his grandkids. It doesn't matter how tired he is, that man gets down on the floor and "wrastles" with them just because it makes them happy and he lives to make them laugh! My dad is one of the biggest blessings in my life! My mom says that I have him wrapped around my little finger and truth be told, he's always had me wrapped around his!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

lauren said...

Happy Birthday to your daddy! That was such a sweet post about him! That also cracked me up that your mom had a fake mole. She's hilarious!