Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


My 2 Turkeys! I can't believe Thanksgiving has already passed and it's almost time for Christmas. We had a great Thanksgiving, though it went by too quickly. Pretty much all of my family lives in the same town so we see each other all the time, but it's still nice to go home and sleep in the house where I grew up so we always spend a couple of nights at my parents' house (even though ours is 20 minutes away)! I feel like a kid again & my folks "baby" me the whole time I'm there, so that's always nice. Who wouldn't want to go home to that? Kelton loves to go out & hit golf balls & feed the horse & all those fun things that you get to do in the country. One of my parents' Great Pyrenees keeps managing to get out of the fence so my dad took Kelton with him to inspect the fence. Kelton got a kick out of that. I was watching them through the window & it was so funny. My dad would bend over & look at the fence & kinda pull on it to examine it. Right behind him, Kelton would kinda bend over & check out the fence himself. I never knew the fence was so interesting out there, but that kid would've stayed out there forever had we let him!





My little sister, Aubin & me. Isn't she cute? We shared a bedroom until I was 13, when I was finally brave enough to sleep in a room by myself (though honestly, I would still have her come sleep in my bedroom when I got scared......I had a very overactive imagination & just knew she could protect me if harm came my way which is funny b/c I'm 4 years older)! Not that she needs protecting, but I am fiercely protective of her all the same. I often call her when she's out with friends & she gets to hear a lot of, "where are you?" "when are you headed home?" "have someone walk you to your car when you are leaving" & "if no one will walk you to your car, call me....I'll send James!"I love to bust out with "nothing good happens after 12:00 so there is absolutely no reason for you to be out past then", which is what my dad used to tell my when I was in high school. At 25, Aubin doesn't find it very amusing, but I think she knows I just worry about her & that I'd be lost without her. I'm not sure why I didn't get a picture with my 2 other siblings. Probably a good thing. Otherwise who knows how long this paragraph would be?!?!


Golfing in the pasture. That's how we do it in the country!













My little Indian! This picture is out of focus because he was standing so close to me, but I had to post it to show off his feathers & vest he made at Mothers Day Out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: